While respecting the particular institutional and legislative arrangements in the OIC Member Countries, the Programme is based on a common framework of objectives aimed at supporting and supplementing the Member Countries' initiatives in the field of vocational training. Main objectives of the OIC-VET Programme are;
- to provide the exchange of people involved in VET throughout OIC Member Countries, so as to increase placements in enterprises;
- to enhance the quality and innovation capacity of Member Countries' vocational training systems, and to facilitate the transfer of innovative practices from one country to another;
- to increase the volume of cooperation among training institutions, enterprises, social partners and other relevant bodies throughout OIC Member Countries;
- to expand the transparency and recognition of qualifications and competencies, including those acquired through formal and informal learning among Member Countries;
- to support the development of innovative Information and Communication Technology (ICT) based content, services, pedagogies and practice for lifelong learning.
To support participants in training activities in the acquisition and the use of knowledge, skills and qualifications to facilitate personal development and employability.